Have you met our REEF inflatable water mat? Kinda awesome, right? They’re stable, rigid, durable, and pretty much the perfect platform for all your aquatic shenanigans. But we realized that our REEF mats also create a problem – figuring out how to get rid of that floppy foam burrito you’ve been lugging around until now. Well, problem solved:
Recycle Your Foam Pad
As much as you’d like to give your foam pad a Viking funeral, please don’t. Our fishy friends deserve better. Tossing your foam pad in the dumpster isn’t an option either because it will still be there in 500 years – it might even outlive the human species. Luckily, foam pads can be recycled and properly disposed of.
Find a recycling center near you so your foam pad can find a new purpose as everyday items: www.foamfacts.com/recycling
Contact your local trash collection/recycling provider to see if they’ll come to take it off your hands.
Repurpose Your Foam Mat
If foam recycling isn’t available in your area, or you just want to get your money’s worth out of your foam pad, there are a few DIY options for making that bad boy useful.
- Chop your foam pad into itty-bitty pieces and use them as the base layer in your plant pots. They’re lighter than rocks and just as good for helping excess water drain out.
- Make some outdoor seat cushions for dinner parties, use it as a camping pad, or add some bulk under your yoga mat.
- Build a fort for your kids. Or for yourself. You do you.
- Turn it into an art project. Tag it with graffiti, slap some stickers on it, hang it on the wall – it’s art, it doesn’t have to make sense!
- Cut your foam pad into large squares and soundproof your home recording studio so your neighbors don’t have to hear what you sound like without auto-tune.
- Use it as a punching bag. Roll up your foam pad and use it to get some exercise – or let out some frustration from lugging that thing around for so long – in the comfort of your own home.
- We could go on and on but this list should help get your idea hamster back on its wheel.
Voted one of the best floating water mats available on the market: MISSION REEF Mat
With a little creativity, some elbow grease, or good old-fashioned willpower, you can turn that funky foam burden into a functioning member of society in no time. Whichever route you choose, we thank you for choosing an environmentally friendly option for disposing of your foam pad.
See you on the water!